picket fence wall art, finally finished

remember that piece of picket fence i picked up off a curb, cut into pieces, and hung on my wall? you can see that project here. my crafty to-do list is approximately 9 miles long, and i’ve been meaning to finish this piece off by adding hemp clotheslines and some of our favorite pictures. the inspiration was this:
this is the barn where we held our wedding reception. we had clotheslines hung throughout the barn with our favorite pictures attached with little wooden clothespins. one line held my pics, another held jed’s. at the end of the barn were 2 lines hung with the pictures of our dating and engagement story. my life, his life, and now our life together…
we still have all the hemp cord and pictures mounted on cardstock. we picked out 6 of our favorites and i hung them with the same cord and wooden clothespins. now we have a piece of our wedding reception in our bedroom, just in time for our 2nd anniversary next week.
i love it! we’ve included pictures from my baptism, our engagement at disneyworld, jed with his brother and daddy, jed and one of his best friends, our first date, and me and one of my best friends. we can always change them out later and mix things up.
it cost absolutely nothing, and is so personal for us. it makes my heart happy every time i look at it. that, my friends, is my new decorating rule. what in your home makes your heart happy every time you see it?

i’m linking to:

DIY Day @ ASPTL
The Trendy Treehouse

Connect with Us on Facebook
Put your feet up on the dashboard and come along for the ride.

20 Comments on picket fence wall art, finally finished

1. Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue
    April 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm (5 years ago)

This is such a beautiful idea! I love my sitting room – I love the colors, and the decor (or at least what I have done so far), and the fact that the furniture was free is even better. Anyway – it totally makes me happy because it is the “girl room” as some of my friends have called it :)

2. Lisa
    April 20, 2010 at 3:42 pm (5 years ago)

OH MY GOSHHH I just adore this!! I really think I might have to make me one of these. Thanks for sharing your terrific idea.

3. Danielle
    April 20, 2010 at 4:06 pm (5 years ago)

I actually like your idea with the little piece of fence better than having an entire wall. It looks great! The antique Pottery Barn keys hanging in our entry hallway make my heart smile :)

4. Stacey @ Fun to Craft
    April 20, 2010 at 11:55 pm (5 years ago)

That turned out so cute. I love the boards and the pictures on there.

5. Wendy
    April 21, 2010 at 2:43 am (5 years ago)

Very creative and unexpected! I like it!

6. Linda@Coastal Charm
    April 21, 2010 at 3:37 am (5 years ago)

This is one CUTE display…luv the look! Thanks for coming to NTT!

Blessings,
    Linda

7. A*
    April 21, 2010 at 10:42 am (5 years ago)

Lovely ideas, both the wedding wall and the picket fence, and the link between them… I love it, may have to do something similar when we get hitched next year!

8. Haverford House
    April 21, 2010 at 9:45 pm (5 years ago)

Love your picket fence picture holder! What a great way to display pictures! Thanks for sharing this idea. ~Marcy

9. Kendra Goodrich
    April 22, 2010 at 5:33 am (5 years ago)

I love it! It is a perfect way to display photos. I might just have to use this one!

10. Lindsey Boone
    April 22, 2010 at 8:01 pm (5 years ago)

Becca! That’s awesome! I love recycling old items like doors and windows and NOW fences. Love the color too.

11. Brianna!
    April 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm (5 years ago)

Oh MY!
    that is so clever
    & super GORGEOUS!!

I’m going to keep this little Idea in mind when I get my own place to decorate!
    Thanks so much for sharing

xoxox
    bB
    p.s. Im a new follower

12. Christy
    April 23, 2010 at 1:32 pm (5 years ago)

Following now from Trendy Treehouse Friday’s. I have to say I LOVE this idea! I recently picked up some fence, but it’s no where near that great looking! This inspires me to do SOMETHING with it. I love this idea, thanks for sharing! I look forward to following. :O)

13. debbie
    April 23, 2010 at 5:39 pm (5 years ago)

I love this,, so personal and so creative.

14. Jessica Sievers
    April 27, 2010 at 10:04 pm (4 years ago)

Becca,

you are awesome!! I too am featuring this little darling!! I can’t wait to see what you link up this week!!

thanks!!