This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
We love to travel with our family, and when winter weather hits my travel dreams turn to warm water and sandy beaches. I’ve long dreamed of a vacation in Puerto Rico and we’re hoping to make it happen soon. Why is Puerto Rico so high on my travel life list? It is easily accessible from the U.S., family friendly, and has something for everyone. Read on to find out why I’m dreaming of the crystal waters and sand in my toes right now. Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.
Why I’m Dreaming of a Vacation in Puerto Rico
- BEACHES – With some of the top beaches in the world (according to the Travel Channel), my toes will be in the sand while I’m sipping a drink and watching the waves roll in. Sunsets on the beach are my favorite, and my whole family loves to play in the water. Did you know Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline? There is enough beach for all of us, y’all. Flamenco Beach in Culebra is #1 on my list to visit – it is one of the best beaches in the world.
- BIO-LUMINESCENT BAYS – I think my kids will freak out (and so will I) when we see the glowing water of the bio-luminescent bays.
- RAIN FOREST – Zip lining through the only rain forest under the U.S. National Park Service, and experiencing the adventure of El Yunque is a total dream.
- HISTORY – My husband and I are both history buffs, and we will get to indulge our inner history nerd side touring old San Juan.
- NO PASSPORT REQUIRED – If you are traveling from the U.S., you don’t need a passport. Puerto Rico is an American Territory located in the northeastern Caribbean.
- NO FOREIGN MONEY NEEDED – Again, Americans won’t need to change money. Use your American dollars in Puerto Rico.
I would love to take our whole family to Puerto Rico for a vacation, but the video below of El Yunque National Forest has me dreaming of romantic getaway with my husband. How gorgeous is that scenery?! I cannot wait to explore and discover Puerto Rico with him.
What would be first on your itinerary on your vacation in Puerto Rico? Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook to find out more about this incredible 5 Star vacation destination. Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter to see amazing photos and get great vacation tips.
we luv PR! we went one time and I cant wait to go again. I want to take my son so badly. the rain forest is amazing!
I can’t wait to visit! It sounds so perfect right now with the freezing temperatures outside.
We spent our honeymoon in Old San Juan and visited El Yunque rainforest. I’m with Michelle, we went once and can’t wait to go again.
Wife and I went for a 3 day trip last July. We loved it, but it wasn’t anywhere near enough time. We’re headed back next week with the whole family. First thing is snorkeling in Culebra and Playa Flamenco! Can’t wait to show our girls this beautiful paradise.